Necessary Information for Programming Trainees
Hello, world! This is an index page that contains information that every Programming trainee should read and understand before proceeding to the next stage. For topics that are outside of this index page, you can refer to the individual topic shown on the right slide bar.
1. Programming tools
- Python is the main programming language we use, followed by C++.
- Arduino is an open-source platform used for building and learning small electronics projects.
- Linux is what our robots run on, read this for some common commands you might need to use.
- Git is used daily for version control so programmers can cooperate effectively.
- ROS (The Robot Operating System) is a set of software libraries and tools that help you build robot applications.
2. Training Tutorials
There will be a series of training tutorials on Arduino, Linux, Git and ROS for you to learn some necessary programming skills required in the Robocon Team.
The training materials can be found on the left bar of this website.
You will need to have a personal Github account to submit related classworks and assignments in the training tutorials later on.
Now, you can start doing our training tutorials by clicking here. There will be a suggested training schedule for you to follow. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask our members.